Our practice is certified to offer Invisalign® treatments. As providers, we can offer this new and revolutionary technology that allows to treat certain types of problems without the use of visible braces.
Ask us if Invisalign is right for you.
What is Invisalign®?
- Invisalign uses a series of clear, invisible and removable plastic aligners or shells to progressively move your teeth according to a custom made prescription determined by a sophisticated 3-D computer imaging technology.
- These comfortable appliances are practically invisible so that no one will be able to tell that you are wearing them.
- You will be able to smile and go about your daily activities without braces during your treatment!
- Invisalign® aligners are not only « invisible » but also very comfortable and easy to wear.
- They may be removed to eat, drink and brush your teeth.
- They have no wires, springs or other metallic components that can cause irritation to the gingiva and soft tissues of the mouth.
- A virtual simulation of your Invisalign® treatment allows you to visualize your treatment results even before the start of treatment.
- You will know what treatment results to expect even before the aligners are fabricated.
What happens during an Invisalign® treatment?
- Dr. Lemay will prescribe the desired dental movements to the Invisalign® manufacturer who will then fabricate the necessary aligners to achieve the treatment goals.
- You will wear each set of aligners for approximately two weeks.They must be worn full time except to eat, drink, and clean your teeth.
- As you change the aligners for the next ones in the series, your teeth will progressively move, week after week, until they reach their final corrected position.
- The average duration of an Invisalign® treatment varies between 8 to 15 months depending on the complexity of the case
- Dr. Lemay will see you approximately every six weeks to verify that your treatment is progressing as expected.
Please note that Invisalign® is not ideal to treat all cases but if you are interested in this technology, ask us if you are a good candidate for an Invisalign® treatment .
To learn more about Invisalign; English site (USA), French site(Europe), .
Invisalign® Treatment simulation
Invisalign Teen – The clear alternative for adolescents
SmartTrack, a new revolutionary material for clear aligners
At the beginning of 2013, Align Technologies, introduced a new plastic material for the fabrication of their Invisalign aligners.This new product, called SmartTrack offers many advantages over the earlier plastics such as: